It’s Flu Shot Season! Get Yours Now!
This year, many COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted. So, as we enjoy gathering, returning to in person activities and hugging again, we could also be putting ourselves at a higher risk for getting the flu — and COVID-19 — if we’re not vaccinated.
Yes, right now, as the seasons change, and we return to indoor activities, catching air-born illnesses like the flu (and COVID-19) is much more likely.
And, it’s possible to get both the flu and COVID-19 at the same time; which can be very dangerous. This is especially true if you’re unvaccinated, age 65 or older and/or suffer from a chronic condition like diabetes or heart disease.
Protect yourself now!
- Get your flu shot and if you haven’t gotten your COVID-19 vaccine and booster (if eligible). You can get both shots at the same time.
- Follow the CDC guidelines for wearing a mask in public places (indoor and outdoor).
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or use a hand sanitizer.
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
Don’t wait to get your flu shot — it takes two weeks to take affect. If you’re a CHOICE member, call your Care Team for help finding a location near you. For all others, you can go to https://www.vaccines.gov/ to find a convenient location.