Cultural Competency Training and Attestation
In order to ensure the cultural competence of our provider network, the New York State Department of Health (DOH) requires all SelectHealth from VNS Health providers to take an annual cultural competency training. The training is online, free, and offers several provider-specific programs.
The Think Cultural Health training, created for the United States Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Office of Minority Health education program, offers several provider-specific programs:
- Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselors, Nurses, Psychiatrists, Psychologists, and Social Workers – four courses
- Health Care Administrators and Providers – one course
- Maternal Health Providers – one course
- Nurses – three courses
- Oral Health Professionals – three courses
- Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants – three courses
DOH suggests providers complete the required training that corresponds with their scope of practice. You are only required to take one of the courses if there are multiple courses within the provider training program. Providers can alternate year-to-year between the various courses within the training program.
Attest to Completing the Training
Once you have completed the training, please use the form below to attest that you have completed the training. You may also use the form to attest on behalf of a provider group. Please note that you must attest to completing the training for SelectHealth, even if you have already attested to it for another plan.