Getting Help from Your Total Plan
Register for your secure online account to check health plan details, request a new ID card, and much more. You can also communicate with your Care Team at any time. Just like an email, you can send and receive messages that are saved all in one place.
If you have specific questions about your plan, scroll down to see who to contact. Call the main number during business hours to get answers to general questions. 1-866-783-1444 TTY users, call: 711, 7 days a weeks, 8 am–8 pm.
IMPORTANT: If you have an emergency and need to visit the emergency room, always call 911.
We understand that you may need someone else to call on your behalf. To learn more about how to allow someone to represent you, visit our FAQs page.
To protect your privacy, we will always ask you to provide three pieces of information to identify yourself. You can use any three of the following:
- Total member ID number
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- Full address
- Phone number
- New York Medicaid ID number
When to Call Your Home Health Agency
Write down the name and number of the agency your home health aide comes from, and keep the information handy. You’ll need it when:
- You have to change your aide’s schedule — the day or time of their visit.
- You need to temporarily stop your home health services because of a vacation or a hospital stay.
- You have a problem or concern about your aide’s performance.
- You want a different aide from the same agency.
When to Call Your Care Team
- You need to temporarily stop all other services and deliveries because of a vacation or a hospital stay. (You must also call your home health agency to suspend your home health services.)
- You have a problem or concern about the agency your aide comes from.
- You want to change to a different home health agency.
To see if a medication is on the Total drug list, use this online Formulary Search tool. To get answers to questions about pharmacy benefits, please call MedImpact at 1-888-672-7205 (TTY: 711), 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. For more information about your pharmacy benefits, follow this link to our Drug Benefits and Resources page.
If you need help with an emotional or behavioral issue, please call Carelon Behavioral Health (formerly called Beacon Health Options) at 1-866-317-7773 (TTY: 1-866-835-2755), Monday–Friday, 8:30 am–5 pm. You can also look for a mental health provider by using our online Provider Search tool. In an emergency, always call 911.
If you have a question about your Over-the-Counter (OTC) and Grocery Card and you can’t find the answer on the OTC and Grocery Benefits page, please call us.
As part of your health care plan, you may get a regular supply of medical items — such as undergarments and pads, catheters, rubber gloves, and glucose test strips — for your special conditions. You can keep receiving these items for as long as you need them.
Your Care Team can give you the number of the supply company, and you can call them directly when you need to reorder, as long as the delivery date is at least 30 days from the date of your last order.