Getting Help from Your Total Plan
Most questions about your VNSNY CHOICE Total (HMO D-SNP) plan can be answered by calling your Care Team. They’ll often be able to address your need right then and there. If they can’t, they’ll connect you with the right person to get you the help you’re looking for. Scroll down to see who to contact for other specific questions you may have about your services.
IMPORTANT: If you have an emergency and need to visit the emergency room, always call 911.
We understand that you may need someone else to call on your behalf. To learn more about how to allow someone to represent you, visit our FAQ page.
To protect your privacy, we will always ask you to provide three pieces of information to identify yourself. You can use any three of the following:
- Total ID Number
- First and Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Full Address
- Phone Number
- New York Medicaid ID Number
When to Call Your Home Health Agency
Write down the name and number of the agency your aide comes from and keep it handy. You’ll need to know it when:
- You have to change your aide’s schedule—the day or time of their visit.
- You need to temporarily stop your home health service because of vacation or a hospital stay.
- You have a problem or concern about your aide’s performance.
- You want a different aide from the same agency.
When to Call Your Care Team
- You need to temporarily stop all other services and deliveries because of vacation or a hospital stay. (You must also call your home health agency to suspend your home health care.)
- You have a problem or concern about the agency your aide comes from.
- You want to change to a different home health agency.
To see if a medication is on the Total drug list, use this online Formulary Search tool. To get answers to questions about pharmacy benefits, please call MedImpact at 1-888-672-7205 (TTY: 711), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For more information about your pharmacy benefits, follow this link to our Drug Benefits and Resources page.
If you have a question about your OTC and Grocery card and you can’t find the answer to it on the OTC and Grocery page, please call us.
To get help with Medicaid recertification, you can call us. Medicaid recertification specialists are available from Monday – Friday, 9 am – 5 pm. Find out more information about keeping Medicaid active. You can also call us at the number below.
As part of your health care plan, you may get a regular supply of medical items for your special conditions—undergarments and pads, catheters, rubber gloves, glucose test strips. You can keep receiving these items for as long as you need them.
Your Care Team can give you the number of the supply company and you can call them directly when you need to reorder, as long as the delivery date is at least 30 days from your last order.