Your Over-the-Counter (OTC) and Grocery Card
As a VNS Health Total (HMO D-SNP) member, you get a card that gives you up to $232 each month to purchase hundreds of OTC and Grocery items. For a complete list of eligible items, as well as instructions on how to activate your card and use your OTC and Grocery benefits, please see the Over-the-Counter (OTC) and Grocery Program Catalog.
You can also use your card to have boxes of farm fresh produce or prepared healthy meal boxes — heart healthy, diabetic friendly, low sodium, and more — delivered to your home. Use your OTC and Grocery Card number to log in to mybenefitscenter.com and order your healthy meal box or fresh produce from one of our partners below.
Eligibility for Special Supplemental Benefits for the Chronically Ill (SSBCI) is required for use of the grocery benefit.
Download the OTC app for your smartphone to easily find local stores where you can use your card, to check items in-store to see if they’re eligible, and to keep track of your OTC and Grocery Card balance. Find out how to get the app here.
For benefit questions, call your Care Team toll free: 1-866-783-1444 (TTY: 711), 7 days a week, 8 am–8 pm.
For questions about an OTC order, call our partner Convey at 1-855-858-5937 (TTY: 711), Monday–Friday, 8 am–11 pm. Or go to mybenefitscenter.com 24 hours a day.
Here are some common questions members ask about the OTC and Grocery Program benefit. If you don’t find the answer to your question here, please call us.
In 2023, you get $232 per month for OTC and grocery items. Be sure to use it because the benefit does not carry over to the next month. The card is to buy items for your use and health and should not be used for anyone else.
Before you use the card for the first time, you must call the number on your card to activate it. Follow the instructions included on the sticker on the front of your card. Once activated, you can use your OTC and Grocery Card for eligible purchases at participating stores. No PIN or signature is required for in-store purchases — it works just like a prepaid card. Go to the checkout lanes, and simply swipe the card for payment.
This card is for eligible OTC and grocery item purchases only. If you need to pay for prescriptions, you’ll need to use a different card.
- OTC items can be bought at stores that are part of our network. This network includes but is not limited to CVS, Duane Reade, Walgreens, and Family Dollar stores. For a complete list of participating stores and pharmacies, visit mybenefitscenter.com.
- If you buy items a store outside of our network, you can ask us to reimburse you.
- If you would like to place your order (for OTC items only) over the phone, call our partner Convey at 1-855-858-5937 (TTY: 711), Monday–Friday, 8 am–11 pm EST. You will need to order from the Over-the-Counter (OTC) and Grocery Program Catalog and have your item number(s) ready when you call.
- Order items online or by phone, and your items will be delivered to your door.
Fresh produce and meal box deliveries:
- Buy fresh produce or meal boxes to be delivered to your home directly from one of our partners:
- For home delivery of fresh fruits and vegetables:
- FarmboxRx — Visit FarmboxRx, or call 1-913-349-5614 (TTY: 711), 10 am–5 pm.
- To order nutritious meal boxes for a specific medical condition (such as diabetes or high blood pressure):
- Mom’s Meals® — Visit Mom’s Meals®, or call 1-866-971-6667 (TTY: 711), 9 am–6 pm.
- SunMeadow®, GA Foods — Visit shop.sunmeadow.com, or call 1-866-575-2772 (TTY: 711), 8 am–8 pm.
- For home delivery of fresh fruits and vegetables:
Yes. If you want us to reimburse you, please follow these steps:
- Submit an original itemized receipt showing the items you bought. The receipt must include the name of the store, the city or town where you bought the item, the date of purchase, the specific name of the product(s) that were bought, and the price paid.
- Your request must include information about you, so we know where to send your payment. Please be sure to include:
- Your name and member ID number
- The complete address where your reimbursement should be sent
- Your phone number, so we can contact you if we have any questions about the information you submitted
All requests for reimbursement should be sent to the following address:
Health Plans – OTC Reimbursement
220 East 42nd Street
New York, NY 10017
Or fax the information to: 1-646-524-8338.
All requests must be submitted within 60 days of when the item was bought. Please allow up to 30 days to process your request and have a check mailed to you.
For details, call us. Or check out the Over-the-Counter (OTC) and Grocery Program Catalog.
Yes. There are two ways you can order OTC items for home delivery.
- Order by phone – If you would like to place your order over the phone, call our partner Convey at 1-855-858-5937 (TTY: 711), Monday – Friday from 8 am to 11 pm EST. You will need to order from the Over-the-Counter (OTC) and Grocery Program Catalog and have your item number(s) ready when you call.
- Order Online – Visit mybenefitscenter.com. Have your Total member ID card ready and follow the simple instructions provided on the site.
Your items will be delivered at no cost to you and you generally can expect to receive your order in 5 to 7 business days. Please note that phone and online orders may only be placed once a month. You do not need to use your full OTC and Grocery Card balance at one time, but remember that your OTC and Grocery Card balance does not carry over from month to month.
Yes. As long as you are an active member, your OTC and Grocery card will automatically reload on the first day of every month. You have the full month to use your benefit amount. Be aware that any balance remaining at the end of the month does not roll over to the next month.
Go to mybenefitscenter.com. Type in your Total member ID number. Your password is your date of birth (XX/XX/19XX). Click “Sign In” to begin placing an OTC order.
Yes. You can check your balance online anytime at mybenefitscenter.com. Once on the site, you will be asked to enter your 19-digit OTC and Grocery Card Number. On the next screen, you will be asked to enter your Total member ID number to log in and check your balance.
You can also check the balance of your OTC and Grocery Card by calling us.
To report a lost or stolen OTC and Grocery Card, call us. We will have a new OTC and Grocery Card mailed to your home within 7–10 business days. To activate your new card, go to mybenefitscenter.com, or call us.
The 2023 Over-the-Counter (OTC) and Grocery Program Catalog was last updated: 11/29/2022.