Your Over-the-Counter (OTC) and Grocery Card
As a member of VNSNY CHOICE Total (HMO D-SNP), you’ll have up to $180 per month for OTC and Grocery items in 2022. In 2023, the amount will increase to $232 per month. For a complete list of eligible items, please see the OTC and Grocery Program Catalog (for 2022 members or 2023 members) or call your Care Team at the number at the bottom of this page
You can also use your card to have boxes of farm fresh produce or prepared healthy meal boxes—heart healthy, diabetic-friendly, low sodium and more—delivered to your home.
Use your OTC and Grocery Card number to log in and order your healthy meal box or fresh produce from one of our partners below.
Download the OTC app for your smartphone to easily find local stores where you can use your card, check items in-store to see if they’re eligible, and keep track of your OTC and Grocery Card balance. Find out how to get the app here.
Here are some common questions members ask about the OTC and Grocery Program benefit. If you don’t find the answer to your question here, please call us.
In 2022, you get $180 per month for OTC and Grocery items. In 2023, the amount increases to $232 per month. Be sure to use it because the benefit does not carry over to the next month. The card is to buy items for your use and health and should not be used for anyone else.
Before you use your OTC and Grocery card, you need to activate it by visiting otcnetwork.com/Member or calling us. Once activated, you can use your OTC and Grocery Card for eligible purchases at participating stores. No PIN or signature is required for in-store purchases — it works just like a pre-paid card. Go to the checkout lanes, and simply swipe the card for payment. This card is for eligible OTC and Grocery item purchases only. If you need to pay for prescriptions, you’ll need to use a different card.
- OTC items can be bought at stores that are part of our network. This network includes but is not limited to CVS, Duane Reade, Walgreens, and Family Dollar stores. For a complete list of participating stores and pharmacies, visit otcnetwork.com/member.
- Buy items at another store (not participating in the network) and ask us to reimburse you.
- Order items online or by phone, and your items will be delivered to your door.
Fresh produce and meal box deliveries:
- Buy fresh produce or meal boxes to be delivered to your home directly from one of our partners:
- For home delivery of fresh fruits and vegetables:
- To order nutritious meal boxes for a specific medical condition (diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.):
Yes. If it’s more convenient for you, you can also buy OTC products at a non-participating store and ask us to reimburse you.
To request reimbursement, please follow these steps:
- Submit an original itemized receipt showing the items you bought. The receipt must include the store, the city or town where you bought the item, the date of purchase, the specific name of the product(s) that were bought, and the price paid.
- Your request must include information about you, so we know where to send your payment. Please be sure to include:
- Your name and member ID number.
- The complete address where your reimbursement should be sent.
- Your phone number, so we can contact you if there are any questions about the information you submitted.
All requests for reimbursement should be sent to the following address:
VNSNY CHOICE Total
ATTN: OTC Reimbursement
220 East 42nd St
New York, NY 10017
Or faxed to: 1-646-524-8338.
All requests must be submitted within 60 days of when the item was bought. Please allow up to 30 days to process your request and have a check mailed to you.
Yes. There are two ways you can order OTC items for home delivery:
- Call Us – If you order OTC items by phone, please be ready with a list of the items you need. You will be asked for the name of the item, the amount you want, and other information (for instance, whether you prefer tablets versus caplets or cream versus ointment) that will help make sure you get the right item. Your items will be delivered at no cost to you and you generally can expect to receive your order in 5 to 7 business days. Please note that phone and online orders may only be placed once a month. You do not need to use your full OTC and Grocery Card balance at one time, but remember that your OTC and Grocery Card balance does not carry over from month to month.
- Order Online – Visit shopping.drugsourceinc.com/vnsny. Have your Total Member ID Card ready and follow the simple instructions provided on the site. Your items will be delivered at no cost to you and you generally can expect to receive your order in 5 to 7 business days. Please note that phone and online orders may only be placed once a month. You do not need to use your full OTC and Grocery Card balance at one time, but remember that your OTC and Grocery Card balance does not carry over from month to month.
Yes. As long as you are an active member, on the first day of every month, your OTC and Grocery card will automatically reload. You have the full month to use your benefit amount. Be aware that any balance remaining at the end of the month does not roll over to the next month.
Go to shopping.drugsourceinc.com/vnsny. Type in your Total Member ID Number. Your Password is your Date of Birth (XX/XX/19XX). Click “Sign In” to begin placing an OTC order.
Yes. You can check your balance online anytime at otcnetwork.com/Member. Once on the site, you will be asked to enter your 19-digit OTC and Grocery Card Number. On the next screen, you will be asked to enter your Total Member ID Number to log in and check your balance.
You can also check the balance of your OTC and Grocery Card by calling us.
To report a lost or stolen OTC and Grocery Card, call us. We will have a new OTC and Grocery Card mailed to your home within 7-10 business days. To activate your new card, go to otcnetwork.com/Member or call us.