Helping Your Medications Work Together for You
Do you take several medications for three or more health conditions? Do you worry about whether your different medications for different conditions might cause health problems when you take them together?
If so, you may find the Medication Therapy Management (MTM) program helpful. MTM is not a benefit but a service that is provided at no cost to you.
MTM helps you and your doctor make sure that your medications are working together. It also helps us identify and reduce possible medication problems if they arise.
You can enroll in this program if you meet all three of the following criteria:
- You take eight or more Medicare Part D–covered medications.
- You have three or more of the following conditions or diseases:
- Bone disease (such as arthritis or osteoporosis)
- Chronic heart failure
- Dyslipidemia (high cholesterol)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- You have Part D–covered medications with a total cost that is more than the amount listed below:
- For 2023 plan members: $4,935
- For 2024 plan members: $5,330
If you meet these criteria, we will send you a letter inviting you to take part in the program and give you more information about how it can help keep you healthy. Enrollment in MTM is voluntary, but we strongly encourage you to take advantage of this free service.
No, enrollment in MTM does not affect your Medicare coverage for drugs.
We will review your prescription medications every 3 months, and if we find a potential problem, we will contact you, your caregiver if you wish, your pharmacist, and maybe your doctor, as well.
Once a year, a pharmacist or other health professional from MedWatchers will call you to discuss ways to use your medications safely. This conversation can also be held in person at your pharmacy or doctor’s office or by telehealth, if one of those options works better for you. The conversation usually lasts about 30 minutes.
After the annual review, you will get a written summary of this call, which you can take with you when you talk with your doctors. This summary includes:
- Medication action plan with steps you should take to help you get the best results from your medications
- Personal Medication List (PML) to help you keep track of your medications and how to use them the right way
To obtain a blank copy of the PML for you and your health care providers so you can keep track of your medications, click here.
If you think you’re eligible for MTM and would find the program helpful, or if you want more information, please contact your care team 1-866-783-1444, weekdays, 8 am–8 pm.
Members can go to the following website to get more information about the MTM provider: https://www.medwatchers.com/