Your Over-the-Counter (OTC) Card
As a VNS Health EasyCare (HMO) member, you get a card that gives you up to $70 each quarter (every three months) to purchase hundreds of OTC items. For a complete list of eligible items, as well as instructions on how to activate your card and use your OTC benefits, please see the Over-the-Counter (OTC) Program Catalog.
Download the OTC app for your smartphone to easily find local stores where you can use your card, to check items in-store to see if they’re eligible, and to keep track of your OTC Card balance. Find out how to get the app here.
Here are some common questions members ask about the OTC Program. If you don’t find the answer to your question here, please call your Care Team at the number above.
In 2023, you get up to $70 per quarter for OTC items. Be sure to use your benefit, because it does not carry over to the next quarter. The card is to buy items for your own use and health and should not be used for anyone else.
Before you use the card for the first time, you must call the number on your card to activate it. Follow the instructions included on the sticker on the front of your card.
Once your card is activated, you can use it for eligible purchases at participating stores and bodegas. No PIN or signature is required for in-store purchases — it works just like a prepaid card. Go to the checkout lanes, and simply swipe the card for payment. This card can be used only for eligible OTC items. To pay for prescriptions, you’ll need to use a different card.
To see the full range of eligible OTC items, please take a look at the Over-the-Counter (OTC) Program Catalog.
- OTC items can be bought at stores that are part of our network. This network includes many local stores and bodegas, as well as CVS, Duane Reade, Walgreens, and Family Dollar stores. For a complete list of participating stores and pharmacies, visit mybenefitscenter.com, or call us and we can help you find one.
- Order items online or by phone from participating stores, and your items will be delivered to your door. See how to place a home-delivery phone order below, under Can I order OTC items for home delivery?
- If you buy items from a store outside of our network, you can ask us to reimburse you.
Yes. If it’s more convenient for you, you can also buy OTC items at a nonparticipating store and ask us to reimburse you.
To request reimbursement, please follow these steps:
- Submit an original itemized receipt showing the items you bought. The receipt must include the name of the store, the city or town where you bought the items, the date of purchase, the specific name of the items that were bought, and the price paid.
- Your request must include information about you, so we know where to send your payment. Please be sure to include:
- Your name and member ID number
- The complete address where your reimbursement should be sent
- Your phone number, so we can contact you if we have any questions about the information you submitted
All requests for reimbursement should be mailed to:
Health Plans – OTC Reimbursement
220 East 42nd Street
New York, NY 10017
Or fax the information to 1-646-524-8338.
All requests must be submitted within 60 days of when the item was bought. Please allow up to 30 days for us to process your request and have a check mailed to you.
For details, call us. Or check out the Over-the-Counter (OTC) Program Catalog.
Yes. There are two ways you can order OTC items for home delivery:
- Order by phone — If you would like to place your order over the phone, call our partner Convey at 1-855-858-5937 (TTY: 711), Monday–Friday, 8 am–11 pm EST. You will need to order from the Over-the-Counter (OTC) Program Catalog and have your item number(s) ready when you call.
- Order online — Visit mybenefitscenter.com. Have your EasyCare member ID card ready, and follow the simple instructions provided on the site.
Your items will be delivered at no cost to you, and you generally can expect to receive your order in 5–7 business days. Please note that phone and online orders may be placed only once a month. You do not need to use your full OTC Card balance at one time, but remember that your balance does not carry over from quarter to quarter.
Yes. As long as you are an active member, your OTC Card will automatically reload on the first day of every quarter (January 1, April 1, July 1, and October 1). You have the full three months to use your benefit amount. Be aware that any balance remaining at the end of a quarter does not roll over to the next quarter.
Yes, you can. Check your balance online anytime at mybenefitscenter.com. Once on the site, you will be asked to enter your 19-digit OTC Card number. On the next screen, you will be asked to enter your EasyCare Member ID Number to log in and check your balance.
You can also check your balance by calling us.
*The 2023 Over-the-Counter (OTC) Program Catalog was last updated: 2/10/2023.