What is VNS Health Managed Long Term Care (MLTC)?
VNS Health MLTC is a Medicaid plan designed for New Yorkers who want to remain in their own homes and communities, but need help with daily activities such as bathing, dressing, walking, and preparing food. In fact, VNS Health MLTC helps members live safely and independently at home, and stay out of a nursing home, for as long as possible.
When you join VNS Health MLTC, you’ll have a team of specialized health professionals working together to manage all your care. Led by your own Care Manager—a Registered Nurse or Licensed Social Worker—your Care Team develops and coordinates a personalized care plan to meet all your health needs.
For you, your family and your doctor, it’s great to know there’s always one person who has a complete picture of your care.
At your side, on your side
In a confusing health care world, you can count on your Care Team to be your allies. To work with your doctors, help set up appointments, monitor your medications, and talk with you and your family so you all understand your health conditions and your treatment.
Our teams know the New York health care system inside-out, so they can cut through the red tape and make sure you get all the services you qualify for. Plus, we have a 24/7 Nurse Support Line to make sure you can reach a health professional live, any time day or night.
MLTC Benefits at a Glance
VNS Health MLTC provides the Medicaid long-term care and other health-related services you need to live well in the comfort of your home and community. These include:
- Care coordination by a team of health professionals, led by a Registered Nurse or Licensed Social Worker, depending on your needs. As a member, you will be assigned your own Care Manager who will oversee all of the services you receive and will work with your providers to make sure your care plan meets all your needs.
- A care plan tailored to your needs. Your Care Manager will assess your needs and work with you, your family and caregivers, and your physicians to develop a customized plan designed to meet your day-to-day health needs and keep you safe in your home.
- Benefit coordination. It can be a challenge to keep straight which services you’re entitled to receive. With our MLTC plan, one phone call connects you to all of the services and benefits you need.
- Assistance with daily activities. Getting the help you need with everyday activities like bathing, dressing, walking, or preparing food can make such a huge difference in your quality of life.
- Simplicity. Your Care Manager will help you deal with the complicated healthcare system.